more baby Amanda because baby Amanda is adorable.
So, some facts:
- Her full name is S’chn T’gai Amanda Uhura
- her favorite uncle is Uncle Jim, because he sneaks her candy under the table sometimes and tells the best stories
- she refuses to call Dr. Mccoy “uncle”, for reasons unknown (much to his chagrin), but she does end up calling him “Dr. Bones” and he’s mostly okay with that because he thinks she’s the cutest thing since peach pie and would probably give up a limb for her, but don’t you dare tell Spock I said that, Jim.
- She speaks Swahili with her Mama and Vulcan with her Baba and Standard with Uncle Jim and Doctor Bones, but Mr. Chekov is teaching her bits of Russian and Mr. Sulu is teaching her bits of Japanese so that’s pretty cool
- She is a veritable fountain of quirky little facts and figures and will follow you around telling you them, like “were you aware that the Klingon Revolution of the stardate 1344.57 was instigated by Major General Khor Ta because of an insufficient distribution of Fillenese melons on the Klingon capital?” or “the consecutive sum of the numbers 233490945 through 495684564564 is …” or “if you stand upside-down and suddenly sneeze, your retinas may tear out of your occipital region”
- She takes to following different members of the crew around to learn about their professions and one time she spends a whole afternoon in sick bay with Bones, sorting all the hypos with colour coded glitterly stickers
- It’s actually supremely useful
- Bones lets her help with little things like that around sick bay all the time from then on
- the nurses adore her
- Her favorite subject is mathematics
- Her second favorite subject is history (of mathematics)
- One time she challenged Uncle Jim to a chess game
- he won, but she still had lots of fun
- "Uncle Jim" she said afterwards, "you did not use a conventional approach to obtaining a checkmate against my king". "No," says Jim, amused. "I bluffed." Amanda purses her lips and stares at the chessboard. "I see." "Hey, kiddo," says Jim. "You’ll win next time." "No," disagrees Amanda. "You are at a higher skill level than I am due to years of experience." she pauses. "could you teach me how to bluff?"
- Jim grins
- Amanda frequently partakes in Jim and Nyota’s ultimate scrabble battles by sitting in her father’s lap and suggesting words.
- She’s on Uncle Jim’s team, and Baba is on Mama’s team.
- One time, they actually beat Mama and Baba
- Uncle JIm gloated about it for weeks
- It was kind of funny
- Also her hair is always done up in cute little braids because her mother is a whiz with braiding hair
(whispers thanks to Psi for headcanoning with me xoxo)
I don’t think we take enough time to really appreciate how adorable and cool and insufferably s a r c a s t i c Spock and Uhura’s children would be
relationship tip #78: ‘babe’ and ‘baby’ are cliche and outdated. try a fun new nickname such as ‘lieutenant’ instead
According to the all knowing force that is Memory Alpha, Spock was born in 2230 and Nyota was born in 2233 SO THEY’RE ONLY THREE YEARS APART IN AGE which means it’s not preposterous to imagine that Spock was finishing his final year at the Academy when Nyota was in her first year AND…
I’m sorry it took me so long to finish this, but anyway, here it is.
Fandom: Star Trek: Alternate Original Series (Movies)
Warnings: Author Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Spock/Nyota Uhura
Characters: Spock, Nyota Uhura
Additional Tags: Established Relationship, Angst, Post-Nero, Romance, Temporary Breakup, Canon Compliant, Smut
After Nero, everything between them has changed. In a brave new world, two people find themselves having to redefine what it means to love and be loved.
Canon missing moments covering the period post-Star Trek right up to post-Into Darkness.
au where spock is a poet who is in love with uhura and it’s basically all he writes about
after readings he earnestly waits for her reaction because he thinks if he writes enough poems about it he won’t have to say that he’s in love with her out loud and face rejection
but uhura is cheerfully oblivious and spock commits himself to writing even better declarations of love
Spock acknowledged the exceptional technical achievement with a precise nod.
“ I would acclaim you a wizard at your specialty, Lieutenant, except there are no wizards.”
“The correct term is ‘sorceress,’ Mr. Spock—and thank you.”
;; Emotions run deep within our race.
In many ways more deeply than in humans.
you’re like the parts of my soul I didn’t know existed
Warning: Some M/M works might show up here because the Spock/Uhura tag is used in ref to S/U as a side pairing, past pairing, etc. Currently there is no way to filter and exclude feeds on Ao3 to get only S/U F/M works.Solution. Read at your own risk.
She’s not sure at what point exactly she goes from only one female sibling to having five crazy brothers.
Words: 997, Chapters: 1/1, Language: English
- Fandoms: Star Trek: Alternate Original Series (Movies)
- Rating: General Audiences
- Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
- Categories: Gen
- Characters: Nyota Uhura
- Relationships: Spock/Nyota Uhura
- Additional Tags: random shop owner ladies are generally very nosy
read it on the AO3 at http://archiveofourown.org/works/1987560
via AO3 works tagged ‘Spock/Nyota Uhura’ http://archiveofourown.org/works/1987560
Need an Ao3 invite? Don’t want to wait? Get one via LiveJournal or Dreamwidth.
Remember to check out the Spuhura fanworks community on livejournal. Follow rssspockuhura for Spock/Uhura fanworks from around the web.